Winterwood, Inc., awarded one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky seven years in a row, is looking to hire a skilled Maintenance Technician for our Arlington Lofts property in Lexington, Kentucky.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining day-to-day maintenance operations and physical appearance of the property. This is a full-time position.
- Completes all maintenance work orders in a timely manner
- Completes make-ready process of vacant units as directed by the Property Manager, including repairs, cleaning and painting
- Purchases maintenance supplies with Property Supervisor approval and within a strict or limited budget
- Maintains inventory controls for cost effective operations
- Maintains a clean and well organized maintenance room
- Assists in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors/vendors
- Responsible for emergency maintenance services
- Monitors and maintains all building systems as assigned
- Inspects grounds daily for needed repairs such as gutters, downspouts, roofing, siding, water leaks, HVAC units, etc.
- Daily trash pickup on complex grounds, including curbs, landscaping, and dumpster areas.
- Oversees and logs monthly examination of each unit, including smoke detectors
- Keeps sidewalks, stairs and parking lots free of snow and ice and updates the snow and ice removal logs
- Conducts and logs quarterly replacements or cleaning of furnace filters
- Completes payroll time sheets daily
- Coordinates special projects as directed by the Property Manager, Property Supervisor and Owner and completed duties as assigned
- Responsible for alerting the Property manager of any unusual occurrences and/or damages on property.
Regularly works indoors and outdoors. Occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, degreasers, and sprays. Frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock, mechanical hazards, explosive hazards, burn hazards, chemical hazards. Meet deadlines with severe time constraints. Moderate noise level. Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 25-50 pounds. Exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Moderate noise level.
Travel in this role is minimal.
- A high school diploma or GED with housing experience of no less than 1 year, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of building maintenance experience (some knowledge of dry-wall, painting, plumbing, HVAC, electric, etc.) - License or certifications preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Effectively communicates with staff, residents, vendors and other individuals.
- Excellent customer service skills and able to work well in a team environment.
- After hours availability in the event of an emergency (paid).
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation (may have to travel to nearby properties).
- Provide your own basic tools.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid leave time
- Holiday pay
If interested in this exciting opportunity and meet the qualifications, please apply today! Go to www.winterwoodonline.com for more information about our company.
Winterwood, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Winterwood, Inc. is a family-owned property management company with over 40 years of experience serving the housing needs of our region. We have over 260 properties that we manage across KY, TN, OH, WV and IN.