Accounting Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Assistant Controller
Revision Date: 11/2019
This position is responsible for the administrative assistance of the accounting management team, filing, managing the reserve request process, mortgage tracking, and keeping all administrative activity running smoothly and accurately.
- Adheres to all Company Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside of the Company
- Consistently reports to work during scheduled business hours, on time and prepared to work
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meets Department productivity standards, Goals and Expectations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works directly with the Accounting staff
- Manages and saves monthly bank statements and mortgage statements
- Monitors mortgage tracking each month to ensure mortgage payments are made on time
- Handles reserve request process for all properties including request generation, tracking, filing, and recording
- Reviews reserves check run each week and mails approved checks to vendors
- Enters and maintains large volumes of data in various Excel spreadsheets
- Ships and receives packages for/from various carriers
- Performs high volumes of copying, scanning, electronic and paper filing, and distribution
- Assists with the coordination of special events and functions for the team
- Other duties as assigned by the Accounting management team
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Travel in this role is expected to be minimal.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Accounting knowledge required
- Ability to multitask, work well with others, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Must be proficient with computers, particularly all of Microsoft Office Suite
Winterwood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity