Director of Human Resources
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Last Updated: 11/2020
About Winterwood Inc.
Winterwood, Inc. is a successful real estate company with more than 40 years of experience serving the housing needs of our region. Through our efforts, many individuals and families have safe and affordable places to live. An affordable place to call home is one of the first steps in the journey that is our lives. Without a home, everyday tasks like cooking, helping children succeed in school, or holding a job become impossible. It is the foundation in moving towards stability, opportunity, and greater possibilities in life. At Winterwood, Inc., we know that our staff is the foundation in our work providing services to our clients, our residents, and our neighbors and we appreciate the effort that goes into this every day.
Our People, First is more than our mission statement. It is how we approach every challenge and serve every customer.
The Human Resource Director is a strategic partner within the executive team and is responsible for defining, developing, and implementing human resources initiatives. The Human Resource Director is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for all areas of Human Resources, including employee relations, talent acquisition, compensation management, performance management, training and leadership development, policy and procedures; and managing the Company’s HR Team. The Human Resource Director reports directly to the CEO.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistently reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the Company’s policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
- Responsible for Company compliance with Federal and State employment law pertaining to all personnel matters and consults with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation, and administration of the Company wage and salary program.
- Works directly with department managers to coach and assist with personnel matters.
- Supervises the staff of the Human Resources Department ensuring goals and expectations for the department are met.
- Coordinates and develops Employee benefits, including but not limited to Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short & Long Term Disability, paid time off, and 401K plans
- Participates on committees, special projects and seeks additional responsibilities
- Identifies, reviews, and improves key metrics for the HR Function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position manages the department’s Human Resource Manager and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A minimum of 8+ years HR experience in a leadership role required.
- Current HR Certification, SHRM-CP/SCP and or (PHR/SPHR) highly preferred.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information to management. Can present, resolve, and address delicate situations. Proven ability to motivate and persuade others.
- Experienced in HR best practices, process management, continuous improvement and change management.
- Advanced Computer Skills - Daily use of electronic mail, Google for Business platform and other computer systems. Ability to incorporate complex and complicated functions into documents, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Project Planning/Organization -- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously including task delegation, project oversight, and resource allocation a must.
Winterwood Inc. offers a variety of competitive benefits to eligible employees. These benefits include:
- Life and AD&D and Supplemental Life
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Colonial Life coverage options - Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital, Whole and Universal Life
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
Winterwood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity