Winterwood, Inc., awarded one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky seven years in a row, has an exciting opportunity for a Property Manager in Louisville, KY.
The Property Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the property. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
- Assumes responsibility for the leasing and effectively marketing the property
- Maintains target occupancy
- Effectively increases rents annually based on an established budget
- Markets, forecasts, and projects upcoming move-outs in order to fill units quickly and maintain target occupancy
- Completes applicant screenings to determine eligibility
- Shows units to prospective residents
- Adheres to all HUD, Rural Development, Tax Credit, Public Housing and/or Conventional Housing standards
- Completes appropriate paperwork and follows compliance guidelines for leasing
- Processes annual recertification paperwork within specific time periods based on the housing program
- Sends all required forms and paperwork to the Corporate Office and/or Government Agencies
- Oversees make ready process and follows up with maintenance staff as needed
- Responsible for collecting and depositing rent payments
- Keeps accurate ledgers for rent and deposits
- Issues late notices and files evictions as necessary
- Maintains tenant files
- Ensures unit inspections are completed and submitted
- Meets goal of 95%/above average on state property inspections
- Ensures that property is clean and well maintained by maintenance and inspects grounds daily
- Assigns work orders to maintenance and follows up when complete
- Investigates and resolves tenant complaints and concerns
- Purchases supplies and maintains inventory controls for all capital and non-capital items for cost-effective operations
- Coordinates special projects as directed by the Property Supervisor and Owner
- Responsible for alerting the Property Supervisor of any unusual occurrences and/or damages on property
- Enters time worked daily into a time tracking system.
This job operates in a professional office typically in a property leasing office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds. Exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Moderate noise level.
Travel in this role is minimal.
- A high school diploma or GED with housing experience of no less than 1 year, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree is a plus, but not required.
- 2-4 years of Property Management experience. HUD experience is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Effectively communicates with staff, residents, vendors and other individuals.
- Excellent customer service skills and able to work well in a team environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid leave time
- And more!
If interested and meet the qualifications, please apply today at www.winterwoodonline.com
Winterwood, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Winterwood, Inc. is a family-owned property management company with over 40 years of experience serving the housing needs of our region. We have over 260 properties that we manage across KY, TN, OH, WV and IN.