This position is responsible for general oversight of all activities for complexes assigned. The overall job purpose is to ensure that each property/complex maintains maximum occupancy while simultaneously working to keep the physical condition of the property as appealing and safe as possible. Goal is to have low vacancy rates, fast unit turns, well trained managers and maintenance, solid tenant files, expense controls for overall profitability, good resident retention and a well groomed property exterior.
Company Expectations of Employee
• Adheres to Company Policy and Procedures.
• Acts as a role model within and outside the Company.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
• Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues.
• Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
• Meets Department productivity standards.
• Oversees all day to day activities of properties.
• Ensures detailed vacancy reporting.
• Analyzes data of historical and current numbers.
• Review Financial Statements
• Completes Onesite usage and possesses the ability to instruct others how to utilize and trouble shoot.
• Ensures timely tenant certification checking/evaluation including interaction with the Occupancy Department.
• Evaluates physical property of each site.
• Schedules managers and maintenance including their normal hours and time off.
• Assumes responsibility for all hiring and firing of site personnel.
• Builds community relationships and ensures they are maintained.
• Assures local/government compliance.
• Supervises complete leasing process from application process through move out.
• Generates budgets, CIP’s, vacancy elimination plans, marketing surveys, resident retention plans, Agency letters, and multiple spreadsheets.
• Prepares for governmental reviews (Physical, Annual, Tri-annual, REAC, Code Enforcement, etc.]
• Implements disciplinary action for employees based on company policy.
• Responds to emergency calls 24 hours a day when required.
• Supervises any activity that is directly related to work performed and the well being of the property.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
• Education – An undergraduate degree is preferred and some further education is helpful. Or the equivalent experience and education. Experience in property management is required when no degree has been obtained.
• Skills – Strong organizational skills are a must, the ability to communicate effectively in various environments, Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, Moderately strong computer skills, complete knowledge of assigned program (CTC, HUD, RD or Conventional), the ability to multi task, ability to work under pressure, hierarchy of emergency judgment, as well as the ability to work with little or no supervision.
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Winterwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer