Reports to: Field Supervisor
Revision Date: 11/2019
This position is under the general direction of the Property Manager and Property Supervisor, and is responsible for maintaining day-to-day maintenance operations and physical appearance of the property.
- Adheres to all Company Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside of the Company
- Consistently reports to work during scheduled business hours, on time and prepared to work
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meets Department productivity standards, Goals and Expectations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Completes all maintenance work orders in a timely manner
- Completes make-ready process of vacant units as directed by the Property Manager, including repairs, cleaning and painting
- Purchases maintenance supplies with Property Supervisor approval and within a strict or limited budget
- Maintains inventory controls for cost effective operations
- Maintains a clean and well organized maintenance room
- Assists in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors/vendors
- Responsible for emergency maintenance services
- Available by cell phone 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- Monitors and maintains all building systems as assigned
- Inspects grounds daily for needed repairs such as gutters, downspouts, roofing, siding, water leaks, HVAC units, etc.
- Daily trash pickup on complex grounds, including curbs, landscaping, and dumpster areas.
- Oversees and logs monthly examination of each unit, including smoke detectors
- Keeps sidewalks, stairs and parking lots free of snow and ice and updates the snow and ice removal logs
- Conducts and logs quarterly replacements or cleaning of furnace filters
- Completes payroll time sheets daily
- Coordinates special projects as directed by the Property Manager, Property Supervisor and Owner and completed duties as assigned
- Responsible for alerting the Property manager of any unusual occurrences and/or damages on property.
Regularly works indoors and outdoors. Occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, degreasers, and sprays. Frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock, mechanical hazards, explosive hazards, burn hazards, chemical hazards. Meet deadlines with severe time constraints. Moderate noise level. Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 25-50 pounds. Exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Moderate noise level.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Travel in this role is minimal.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or GED with housing experience of no less than 1 year, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree a plus but not required
- 1-2 years of Property Management Experience
- Proficient computer skills required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Effectively communicates with staff, residents, vendors and other individuals.
- Excellent customer service skills and able to work well in a team environment.
Winterwood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity