This position is under the general direction of the Property Manager. The Manager assumes the responsibility for the overall operation of the property; advises the Agent of the needs and problems of residents of the property and performs related duties as assigned.
Company Expectations of Employee
- Adheres to Company Policy and Procedures.
- Acts as a role model within and outside the Company.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
- Meets Department productivity standards.
- Assumes responsibility for the leasing and effectively marketing the property
- Maintains target occupancy
- Effectively increases rents annually or as directed by the Property Supervisor
- Markets, forecasts and projects upcoming move outs in order to fill units quickly and maintain target occupancy
- Screens all applicants to determine eligibility
- Shows units to prospective residents
- Responsible for move in file compliance; adhering to HUD, Rural Development, Tax Credit, Public Housing and/or Conventional Housing standards
- Completes appropriate paperwork and follows compliance guidelines for leasing
- Processes annual recertification paperwork within specific time periods based on housing program
- Sends all required forms and paperwork to the Corporate Office and/or Government Agencies
- Oversees turnover of vacant units
- Collects rents and makes deposits
- Keeps accurate ledgers for rent and deposits
- Issues late notices and files evictions as necessary
- Maintains tenant files
- Ensures unit inspections are completed and submitted
- Meets goal of 95%/above average on state property inspections
- Ensures that property is clean and well maintained by maintenance and inspects grounds daily
- Assigns work orders to maintenance and follows up when complete
- Investigates and resolves tenant complaints and concerns
- Purchases supplies and maintains inventory controls for all capital and non-capital items for cost effective operations
- Coordinates special projects as directed by the Property Supervisor and Owner
- Responsible for alerting the Property Supervisor of any unusual occurrences and/or damages on property
- Enters time worked daily into time tracking system.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
High School Education required
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required
1-2 years of Property Management experience
Proficient computer skills required
Ability to organize and multi-task
Effectively communicates with staff, residents, vendors and other individuals
Strong people management skills
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Winterwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer