Under the general supervision of the Fez Construction Technician, the primary responsibility of the Painter is to prepare walls and other surfaces for painting, applying paint to various surfaces, and completing touch-ups.
This job requires travel across Kentucky to 14 different properties. Hotels and food are provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare painting surfaces by washing walls, repairing holes, or removing old paint.
- Mixing, matching, and applying paints and other finishes to various surfaces including walls and doors.
- Handling planning and prep work in an efficient manner
- Preparing the surrounding area by covering with cloth or plastic to prevent messes
- Removing fixtures such as door knobs and light switch covers
- Taping off areas as needed
- Cleaning up supplies and replacing fixtures when project is complete.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of residential painting experience.
- Must be self motivated.
- Understanding of health and safety regulations and the proper methods of storing equipment, material, and supplies.
- Ability to communicate and report effectively.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- In state travel required.
- Must pass all pre-employment testing including but not limited to drug testing and background screening.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may be required to lift 25-75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, you may incur the following work conditions:
- Exposure to sounds and noise levels that is distracting or uncomfortable.
- Exposure to very hot or very cold temperatures when working outdoors.
- Exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases.
- Exposure to hazardous equipment. There is some possibility of moderate injury.
- Occasionally must work in very bright or very dim lighting conditions.
- May work physically near others.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Winterwood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity