This position is under the general direction of the Property Manager and Property Supervisor, and is responsible for maintaining day-to-day maintenance operations and physical appearance of the property.
Company Expectations of Employee
• Adheres to Company Policy and Procedures.
• Acts as a role model within and outside the Company.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
• Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues.
• Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
• Meets Department productivity standards.
• Completes all maintenance work orders in a timely manner
• Completes make-ready process of vacant units as directed by the Property Manager, including repairs, cleaning and painting
• Purchases maintenance supplies with Property Supervisor approval and within a strict or limited budget
• Maintains inventory controls for cost effective operations
• Maintains a clean and well organized maintenance room
• Assists in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors/vendors
• Responsible for emergency maintenance services
• Available by cell phone 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
• Monitors and maintains all building systems as assigned
• Inspects grounds daily for needed repairs such as gutters, downspouts, roofing, siding, water leaks, HVAC units, etc.
• Daily trash pickup on complex grounds, including curbs, landscaping, and dumpster areas.
• Oversees and logs monthly examination of each unit, including smoke detectors
• Keeps sidewalks, stairs and parking lots free of snow and ice and updates the snow and ice removal logs
• Conducts and logs quarterly replacements or cleaning of furnace filters
• Completes payroll time sheets daily
• Coordinates special projects as directed by the Property Manager, Property Supervisor and Owner and completed duties as assigned
• Responsible for alerting the Property manager of any unusual occurrences and/or damages on property.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
High School Education or GED
1-2 years of Maintenance experience
Vocational training a plus but not required
Moderate computer knowledge required
Ability to organize and multi-task
Effectively communicates with staff, residents, vendors and other individuals
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
– Required to lift 25 to 50 pounds.
– Occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, taste or smell.
– Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
– Exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
– Moderate noise level.
Winterwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.