This position is responsible for the general oversight and facilitation of operational activities for the Asset Management team. The Operations Manager will work directly with Regional Managers and Asset Managers to determine appropriate resources for properties with critical needs. In this role, the Operations Manager will act as a resource for Regional Managers ensuring that each receives the proper support to be successful in their role.
- Adheres to all Company Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside of the Company
- Consistently reports to work during scheduled business hours, on time and prepared to work
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meets Department productivity standards, Goals and Expectations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regional Manager Support
- Provides coverage for Regional Managers when on leave or during the recruiting process
- Acts as a mentor and advisor to Regional Managers during the Introductory Period
- Acts as the Regional Manager’s first point of contact for operational questions
- Assists with field recruiting activities
Asset Manager Support
- Reviews metric reporting for the Asset Management team including the review of the financial statements and participates in meetings to discuss
- Reviews Late Recert reporting monthly and attends the monthly meeting providing insight where needed
- Reviews and conducts follow up of the Preventive Maintenance Reports
- Assists with special projects as needed
- Reviews Emergency On Call list daily with follow up as needed
- Responds to tenant complaints and follows up with the Regional Manager and on site staff to determine a solution as necessary
This position manages specific tasks and resources for the department and may provide interim supervision of staff when necessary.
This job operates in a professional office environment and may operate remotely as approved by the Director of Field Operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time Exempt position.
Travel in this role is required as needed.
Preferred Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree is preferred or the equivalent experience and education.
- 3+ years experience in Affordable Housing property management is required.
- Strong organizational skills, with the flexibility to multi-task and quickly reorganize as needed.
- Communicates effectively in various environments, and with a wide range of individuals.
- Microsoft Office and Google product experience required.
- Hierarchy of emergency judgment, as well as the familiarity with Winterwood and it’s resources.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of Onesite and Onesite Accounting required.
Winterwood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity