The Recertification Specialist is responsible for completing all annual recertifications within the 120 day time frame allotted. Recertification Specialist will be required to complete all duties fully and professionally to ensure that the property remains in compliance with all federal, state and local rules and regulations relating to public housing, tax credit and equal opportunity housing guidelines.
- Adheres to all Company Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside of the Company
- Consistently reports to work during scheduled business hours, on time and prepared to work
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meets Department productivity standards, Goals and Expectations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Scheduling annual recertification appointments with clients
- Client processing interviews
- Verifying income, assets, student status & household composition (along with other various documentation) to determine household eligibility
- Lease signings upon completion of verifications
- Submitting files to the corporate compliance department for approval
- Ensuring that concessions due to clients do not exceed the budgeted amount
- Home visits for clients that are homebound
- Completing landlord, food stamp and Section Eight documentation
- Inputting Section Eight voucher changes
- Assisting with Interim processing, as necessary
- Housing Review assistance (pulling reports & files, meeting with auditors, etc.)
- Answering, Returning & Making phone calls within 24 business hours (includes checking voicemails)
- Attending staff meetings, LMHA meetings, etc. on an as needed basis
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds. Exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Moderate noise level.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with occasional Saturdays, as needed.
Travel in this role is minimal.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or GED with housing experience of no less than 1 year, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Recertification Specialist will preferably have prior Tax Credit and/or public housing training
- Proficient computer skills required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Effectively communicates with staff, residents, vendors and other individuals.
- Excellent customer service skills and able to work well in a team environment.
Winterwood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity