Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
● Clean pool and pool area before and after each shift.
● Check and maintain color, chemistry and clarity of pool water.
● Ensure all equipment is functioning properly.
● Open gates to the public.
● Monitor guests.
● Enforce pool rules.
● Develop and maintain a friendly relationship with guests.
● Maintain pool safety.
Expectations Include (but not limited to):
● Maintains a professional and courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
● Assures safety standards are used and comply with all Fair Housing, Company, Local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
● Ensures compliance of all work related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner and complies with Fair Housing guidelines.
● Follows established company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
● Reports to work during scheduled business hours, on time and prepared to work.
● Demonstrates a willingness to work as a team.
● Sets and accomplishes goals.
● Prioritizes workload.
● Keeps constant communication with Property Manager.
● High School Education or GED.
● 0 – 2 years of experience.
● Pool Attendant Certification required (must be able to show proof of certification).
● CPR Certification required (must be able to show proof of certification).
● Ability to organize and prioritize.
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Required to lift 25 to 50 pounds.
● Occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, taste or smell.
● Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
● Exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
● Moderate noise level.