Winterwood, Inc., awarded one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky seven years in a row, is looking to hire a Recertification Assistant in the Louisville, Kentucky area.
The Recertification Assistant is responsible for completing all annual recertifications within the 120 day time frame allotted. The Recertification Assistant will be required to complete all duties fully and professionally to ensure that the property remains in compliance with all federal, state and local rules and regulations relating to public housing, tax credit and equal opportunity housing guidelines.
- Scheduling annual recertification appointments with clients.
- Client processing interviews.
- Verifying income, assets, student status & household composition (along with other various documentation) to determine household eligibility.
- Lease signings upon completion of verifications.
- Submitting files to the corporate compliance department for approval.
- Ensuring that concessions due to clients do not exceed the budgeted amount.
- Home visits for clients that are homebound.
- Completing landlord, food stamp and Section Eight documentation, as needed.
- Inputting Section Eight voucher changes.
- Performing Interim processing, as necessary.
- Housing Review assistance (pulling reports & files, meeting with auditors, etc.)
- Answering, Returning & Making phone calls within 24 business hours (includes checking voicemails).
- Attending staff meetings, LMHA meetings, etc., on as a needed basis.
- All staff members should be aware that they could be required to perform duties outside of this description when the need permits (such as times when other staff members are out sick, on vacation, etc.) or during times when the office is too busy for 1 person to accommodate all clients in their assigned department. Staff members may be required to perform duties as the receptionist during intervals at which we do not have adequate coverage.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds. Exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Moderate noise level.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with occasional Saturdays, as needed.
Travel in this role is minimal.
- A high school diploma or GED with housing experience of no less than 1 year, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The Recertification Assistant will preferably have prior Tax Credit and/or public housing training.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Effectively communicates with staff, residents, vendors and other individuals.
- Excellent customer service skills and able to work well in a team environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid leave time
- Opportunities for advancement, and more!
If interested in this exciting opportunity and meet the qualifications, please apply today! Go to www.winterwoodonline.com to learn more about our company.
Winterwood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Winterwood, Inc. is a family-owned property management company with over 40 years of experience serving the housing needs of our region. We have over 260 properties that we manage across KY, TN, OH, WV and IN.