The primary responsibility of the Construction Superintendent is to provide on-site coordination for all phases of the construction project and overseeing Construction Technicians and Subcontractors (workers) working at the assigned job site. This position is responsible for coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. This position shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and ensure that all safety rules are being followed at the job site at all times.
- Supervision of Construction Technicians.
- Produce work schedules in the accordance with the availability of workers and monitor the attendance of the crew.
- Coordinate the daily tasks according to priorities and plans, adjusting as necessary due to weather, supply delivery and worker availability and submitting change order notifications as necessary to Director of Construction.
- Develop and oversee quality standards on the job site.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to Senior Superintendent for resolution.
- Ensure contractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by the project team.
- Walk all units on the project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Ensure that job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Ensure that the job site is secured at the end of the day.
- Resolve conflicts or miscommunications that may happen on the job site quickly and amicably.
- Report project status to Senior Superintendent and Director of Construction regularly.
- Assist other construction staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Superintendent or Director of Construction.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4 + years experience in the construction industry as a foreman/superintendent
- Computer skills to include Excel, Google, and Purchase Orders.
- Extensive knowledge of construction best practices, equipment/tool maintenance and use, and OSHA guidelines.
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints, and convey this information to others.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate and report effectively.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to travel long distances.
- Must pass all pre-employment testing including but not limited to drug testing and background screening.
Winterwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer