Winterwood, Inc., awarded one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky seven years in a row, has an exciting opportunity for a Staff Accountant at our Corporate office in Lexington, Kentucky. This is a full-time position.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining the books of accounting for a portfolio of properties under Winterwood's management. The Staff Accountant is considered part of the Property Team and is responsible for ensuring that the property meets required reporting requirements and operates within its annual budget.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Produce monthly financial statements for a portfolio of properties
- Complete and distribute monthly and quarterly financial reports in accordance with published deadlines
- Prepare requests to withdraw and use reserve funds
- Ensure monthly mortgage, escrow, and reserve payments are made timely each month for properties
- Prepare annual budgets for a portfolio of properties
- Produce annual audit work papers and reports
- Other duties as assigned by the Accounting management team
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
Travel in this role is expected to be minimal.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- 5 years of previous accounting experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize effectively to manage different responsibilities.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid leave time
- Opportunities for advancement, and more!
If interested in this exciting opportunity and meet the qualifications, please apply today! Go to www.winterwoodonline.com for more information about our company.
Winterwood, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Winterwood, Inc. is a family-owned property management company with over 40 years of experience serving the housing needs of our region. We have over 260 properties that we manage across KY, TN, OH, WV and IN.