The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining the books of accounting for a portfolio of properties under Winterwood management. The staff accountant is considered part of the Property Team and is responsible for ensuring that the property meets required reporting requirements and operates within its annual budget.
- Adheres to all Company Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside of the Company
- Consistently reports to work during scheduled business hours, on time and prepared to work
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meets Department productivity standards, Goals and Expectations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Produce monthly financial statements for a portfolio of properties
- Complete and distribute monthly and quarterly financial reports in accordance with published deadlines
- Prepare requests to withdraw and use reserve funds
- Ensure monthly mortgage, escrow, and reserve payments are made timely each month for properties
- Prepare annual budgets for a portfolio of properties
- Produce annual audit work papers and reports
- Other duties as assigned by the Accounting management team
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Travel in this role is expected to be minimal.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 years of experience is required.
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize effectively to manage different responsibilities.
Winterwood is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity